monome users?

I was hoping to touch base with a friendl;y monome user  to help me
determine if the unit I have is working right. I have looked at the forums
and run the various tests and drills posted on the site but am still a bit
confused on how to get $%#@in MIDI out of this thing.

The tests running the runtime let me press buttons and light up the grid
but I'll be damned if I can get ANY of that to translate to playing a note
either via software only or via midi (god forbid).

I mam trying toi start small with this but at this point I'm concerned if
there might be something wrong and the window to return it is closing
fast.

Any help greatly appreciated.

     NEW DAED SITE!!  -  Http://DaedSound.com
 DAED: Circuit Bent and Unusual Sound Devices
"Making Something Extrodinary from the Ordinary"

      Music and More at the Mothership:
    Http://www.HelpWantedProductions.com