Re: Boomerang 3

I love my Boomerang III !! I have been straddling the fence since I
starting looping which way to go laptop or hardware. I continue to make
attempts with both but the Rang 3 has been the most productive way for me
to work so far. From my perspective, I mostly do song style looping with
another musician and with the Boomerang it just gets the job done and I 'm
not spending time learning new software with an endless upgrade path. It
has a really small footprint which I like because I sit down when I play
my instrument and only have so much available space to reach pedals with
my foot. The Boomerang has lots of features but the downside is that you
can have 4 engaged at any one time. (with a long or short press of the
Bonus green/yellow buttons) This is actually a feature for me because I
get more music done with less features. If you are somebody that would
half the tempo, reverse, stutter, overdub, undo/redo, and fade out all in
the same tune the Boomerang could be frustrating because the buttons you
use to change the function of the yellow/green bonus buttons are extremely
small and I would only feel doing in between songs.
I'll post some videos of me doing some cover tunes soon that I arranged
for the purpose of learning the rang 3 and an M9.

-Todd Matthews