Re: Boomerang 3

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 2:29 AM, Mike <mnelson@boomerangmusic.com> wrote:
> The Rang(TM) III is the looper you imagine in all respects but one.
> It's small (6" x 9"), records in true stereo, has good headroom, has
>great
> audio specs and can record & play 3 (or four) unsynced loops. Each loop
>can
> play normally, reversed and/or an octave down (half speed) independently
>of
> the others. You can also record a loop with Octave active, then turn it
>off
> so the loop plays twice as fast and an octave higher.
>
>  The Decay can be set to a different rate while stacking on the
> different loops, but a unique decay rate cannot be assigned to each loop.
>  6 out of 7 ain't bad.

I agree, 6 out of 7 ain't bad :) Btw: I'm missing one feature Andy
Butler reported (see below). Is this possible with the Rang III?

Andy wrote:
> 1) start recording
> 2) fade up a note
> 3) end recording and go straight into overdub (while holding their note)
> 4) fade the note out, and listen to a seamless loop being played
> ...where "overdub" is the familiar term for "stack".
> When the guys here ask for seamless loops, that's what they're
> getting at 9 times out of 10.

Together with the feedback control per track, these are features I
always use. Btw: you suggested that the fade out feature as a
workaround but like Jeff said, an ambient looper is changing feedback
settings many times during a performance so I don't see that as a good
alternative.

--
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/

I think 6 out of 8, if I understand it well the Rang can't go straight
into overdub mode when ending a loop your initial loop to create this
seamless ? But the audio specs look indeed good.