Re: DD-20 (was Re: Boomerang 3)

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Jeff Duke <jeffloops@gmail.com> wrote:
> "     Or... how about a one loop pedal that has the delay-like features
>you
> want and some of the phrase sampler features like reverse, octave, etc.
>It
> would be less expensive and you could buy as many as needed for your
> particular looping madness."
>
> Great idea Mike! I know there are some of us that would love this. Put me
> down for two!! Thanks for listening!

Jeff,
I agree with that. My 2 cents:

I think, in general, you have 2 categories of loopers:

1) The one man band or song looper. Examples: Boss RC-series => often
called phrase samplers
2) Live processing of audio loops. Example loopers: some delay pedals,
EDP, LP1, Mobius, many software loopers => ambient loopers fit into
this category

The point is that many loopers don't need sophisticated high-end
loopers, or don't want to spent the money on high-end and expensive
hardware looper or laptops. First of all, they want a reliable piece
of hardware with good audio specs and specific features depending on
the type of use. I think the Rang III is somewhere in between, but
there's currently not a simple and affordable stereo 3- track looper
in the range of 500 Euro's which fits in the second category. So if
someone combines delay and phrase sampler features in one single box,
that would be great.

--
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/