Academic/musicological research on looping technique?

Hi everyone - I'm doing a masters paper on various aspects of digital looping used in live performance. I'm particularly interested in the musical structures that result during live performance, the compositional process, styles used etc. Although there's quite a bit written about this on the web, I can find very little in the way of research papers from academic institutions, journals etc.

Does anyone know of anything? Or maybe other masters papers, dissertations etc. I'm not particularly looking at technology issues, except where they affect what results during the performance.

Thanks!

Patrick