Re: D-tar solstice effects loop

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 6:08 PM,  <nemoguitt@aol.com> wrote:
> << so everything SOUNDS stereo, just not real, proper stereo.>>
>
> could you explain this, i've never understood the difference.....tanks
> mucho!

When talking about reverb the term "true stereo" is mostly used. This
means that if you send a stereo signal into the reverb and this signal
contains a sound at one side of the stereo field the reverb is not
just playing back the room a little more on the side - even early
reflections are simulated earlier on the side where it is to appear
more close to the imaginary wall.

But I guess that in this thread "true stereo" simply means sending a
stereo signal into a stereo process (here two parallel mono loopers
forming a stereo pair) rather than sending a tapped mono signal into
the stereo process.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se