Re: D-tar solstice effects loop

Bill what would then be the advantage of using the D-tar to a small mini mixer like the compact Tapco blend which has 2 aux sends and returns? rack mounting perhaps?

Louie Louie PS
 I'd take a closer look at those Tapco Blend's aux sends. One of the two is a monitor send placed before the channel level control, and the other is an FX send placed after the channel level , the FX send itself is a mono output. it will allow you to send out mono and return stereo but not preserve an incoming stereo signal. Because of the difference in where the two sends are placed I don't know  if it would work to use both aux sends send to feed a stereo device or not put I assume it would. All of there manuals are available on line, or better yet send them an email as they would know better than I. I've thought in the past about getting a small mixer like this to mount next to my Dtar on my rack shelf, but I have yet to find one small enough that has at least one true stereo send. The smallest tapco can fit  and has one mono effects send with a stereo return , the smallest mackie has no aux sends.  Both those mixers can fit in a half rack space but require two rack spaces of  hiegth clearance at least. I'm wasn't intending to diss stereo, I love stereo and prefer it,  but I have weened myself of the need for it to simplify my set up and mixing needs and its easier when  I'm not granted the luxury of stereo monitors and a stereo house. Even when doing private gigs, where I bring two powered speakers, I end up aiming one at me and one at the audience, so imagine how well wide panning of loops or stereo delays sound like in that instance?  So when i say sweet spot I mean the place in an ideal environment where I can hear everything in balance. At  Y2K10 we did have a stereo system, and ironically because for speed and simplicity I opted to stay mono, I was only  coming out one side of the mains apparantly, as the artists preceeding me had been stereo panned hard left and hard right, and the person mixing was overdo for a break and fogot to pan me center:-)  Guano occurs!
 Bill