Re: OT Audio Adapter Query

Ok, so the Sonica has a means to determine if there is something plugged
in and it *may* use that to feed audio to the jack (if that second
assumption is the case, the whole behaviour would be explained).

There's two ways I know of you can use to determine whether something is
plugged in:
    a) a mechanical contact
    b) two electrical contacts along the length of the "sleeve" portion
which measure resistance. Due to how these are places, these sometimes
detect a TRS (aka stereo) plug as "nothing is plugged in" (this is the
case with the Boss DD20, btw).

This would explain (if it's case b) why plugging the rucksack into the
Sonica does not work.
It does NOT explain why using the female stereo 1/8 to male mono 1/8
adapter does not work, however.

I'm at my wit's end - anyone else got any idea?

             Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs