Re: @Bill, empty loop, or looperlative/EDP trick (composition?)

andy wrote:

> It's also possible to use a related trick called
> Cycle Quantised SUS Insert.
> You tap in a single beat short loop, then each foot tap
> increases the length of the loop by a beat.
> That means when you're bored of 5/8 you just drop
> in a couple more beats and go to 7/8.
>
> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/andybutler/edp/tripwire.mp3

That's a nifty trick, I've had a quick look through the manual, can't find
how to do this on the EDP (I've got a script for it in mobius though).

I have figured out one way to do it on the EDP - (Quant=8ths), punch into
loop using INS=Sub or Rpl a few times to get the rhythm going, then change
INS=SUS (btw, I'm not using midi pedal!) to add a beat to the cycle.
However, I need to manually increment the 8ths setting by one after each
press of the INS button to get the timing right for the next add.  There
is obviously a quicker way to do this, am I using the wrong approach ?

> again, apologies for reposting that track (from 2004)

Don't apologise, great to hear it again.

Stephen
www.myspace.com/sylvianfisher