Re: OT ? Firewire cables

YES. They suck. But I've had much better luck with the cable that I have
that's metal rather then plastic on the outside ends.

I think there's just very, very little wiggle tolerance in that design and
plastic cable ends wear just ever so slightly, especially on a laptop if
you're right handed---it's in the mouse zone on my macbook pro---and so it
it starts to happen more and more. So I think it's the newness of the
cable rather then the weight of the cable, though though it seems like
being light would help with that too.