Re: ADSR stomp box

So that's probably the "ultra-conservative guitarist" viewpoint you're
mentioning here ;).
Basically, I understand that Rick wants something like the envelope mode
in my trusted TC Triple-C, which is some huge fun on any kind of signal,
including (but not limited to) percussive sounds (i.e. sound without a
lot of "S").

However, as Rick asked for some kind of ADSR without a compressor, I
believe there's a reason that both usually come together. To make that
ADSR effect, you need next to the ADSR generator a VCA-kinda thing and a
threshold/envelope detector - in short, functions which a compressor
already has, so it's easy to make it also work as a compressor.

The aforementioned Triple-C, while not being a stompbox (as Rick asked),
is, as I said, huge fun. In addition to the highly creative envelope
mode, you can also run it as a fullrange compressor-limiter or multiband
compressor-limiter combo. And you get a sidechain input (and this is
where the ADSR function really starts to get fun).

          Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs