Re: bandcamp rules

If you sell over $5K its only 10%

Matt Stevens
www.mattstevensguitar.com

On 23 Nov 2010, at 22:35, Per Boysen wrote:

Oh, I forgot that Bandcamp recently decided to keep 15 percent instead
of nothing. You may mean that change? I think that is ok as well.
Bandcamp still is the only music web shop service that lets you use
specific images for each song within a digital album. It amazes me
that not more offer this because it is a great option for artist's
expression as well as an interesting extra bonus for users.

As I remembered the legal text (don't have time to log in and re-read
it now) it was just the usual stuff that makes it legal for Bandcamp
to host your recordings and use pictures as you as a trademark. The
same stuff that has to be agreed on in traditional artists contracts
to make it legal for a record label to handle the recordings in
public. Nothing there to be afraid of - on the contrary, without
having signed such a deal you should be afraid because then most
countries law would define the Bandcamp service as illegal ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com