Re: ADSR stomp box

I frequently use my own slow attack and fast release effects (which do not
need a compressor)
but they only become really easy and intuitive when polyphonic (separate
strings)

On 20 Nov 2010, at 16:10, Rick Walker wrote:

> andy butler wrote:
>> "I reckon that part of it is that guitar players tend to be ultra
>conservative,
>> always looking to what established guitar players use and do."
>
> Funny that you say that, Andy, because I just got back from the
>Percussion Arts Society enormous annual
> convention and drummer/percussionists make guitar players look like the
>most adventurous musicians on
> the planet.

interesting point. I have been suffering with conservative guitar players
all my life, yet never thought that the other instrumentalists are even
more conservative. I only compared with bass players that have been a lot
more open to new technologies (carbon bodies, wide range speakers, preamps
in guitar...)
finally I accepted that someone who trained many many hours to intuitively
deal with characteristics of an instrument does not easily give away this
work for some new sounds.

but to switch to separate strings does not ask for new playing techniques,
rather the opposite: guitarists have to train a lot to work around the
unnatural side effects of the mono guitar!