Re: Digital Audio Interface

Jeff,

my reply has several parts:
First, I don't understand what you mean by "I can record off of the
ASIO". Could you perhaps describe in a little bit more depth how the
signals run on the computer/MOTU interface (i.e. which software, what is
used for recording etc.)?

Then, I cannot believe that the MAudio does not allow you to select the
tracks independently - meaning the behaviour you describe is possibly
some setup or driver issue. If you are content with the interface
otherwise, perhaps check that again - possibly only the MME drivers have
been installed (and the ASIO drivers are missing), or you accidentally
connected the interface to USB1.1 (or it is recoginzed as such by your
computer), so the interface acts as a one-input/one-output interface due
to the low USB1.1 bandwidth?

Third thing: whatever you do, try to connect different computers via
SPDIF. It makes life so much simpler.

 Yours,

             Rainer

ps: if you really want another interface - what's your budget?
Otherwise, you might get more of the recommendations like Anthony's, or
mine (RME Fireface UFX looks sweet ;). Depending on what you want to do,
I would not suggest the TC interface - they tend to have issues with
their drivers (last week's MSSS essentially broke down due to a driver
update), and suffer from bad low-latency performance in general. Then
again, for more studio-oriented work (where latency is usually not an
issue), they may work fine (audio quality is outstanding).

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs