Re: Dumb newbie's question...Ableton anyone?

Lots of people are looping using Ableton. I've seen it in action, but
don't know much about it, myself, but I've toyed with the thought of
buying it in order to build songs from improvisations. I also know a
bunch of people who loop (or do something like it) in MAX MSP.

For me - hardware loopers were the first thing I could afford to try.
(In the mid 90s when I got started, the best thing I could afford had
a maximum 4 second loop.) As a member of that small group of
"electronic musicians who are luddites", I haven't yet felt the urge
to make the transition to laptop.

...and yes, I bet a large number of the profiles on
loopers-delight.com are out of date. I haven't updated mine since 2002
or so. (gulp!)

--
Matt Davignon
mattdavignon@gmail.com