Thought Radio Playlist for December 4, 2010.

http://soundscapes.us/thoughtradio/playlists/2010/101204.html

The Saturday edition of The AM/FM Show has alternating hosts.  When I am
at the helm, the show is called Thought Radio and you can expect to hear
electronic, ambient, spacemusic, Progressive Rock, and an eclectic mix
of other genres.  The show airs from 6:00 am to 8:00 am EST/GMT-5 on
WMUH Allentown, 91.7 FM and on the internet.  I also host Afterglow
every Thursday from 8:00 am to 9:30 am.

                 Show #187                December 4, 2010.

On this program, I continued the special on Sequences electronic music
magazine.  Each contemporary issue comes with a CD.  However, the early
issues came with a cassette.  The cassettes from issues one through
thirteen have been remastered and are now available on CDR in plastic
slip covers with artwork and track details.  Details are at:
http://sequencesmagazine.com

I also played music by Chuck van Zyl who will appear at the Soundscapes
Concert Series on Sunday, December 5, 8:00 pm at the Nazareth Center for
the arts.  See http://soundscapes.us for details.

Phase I/Space:

ARTIST               TRACK                ALBUM (label)
==================== ==================== ==============================
Chuck Van Zyl        Time                 MemorySpace (Synkronos)
Chuck Van Zyl        All Souls' Day       MemorySpace (Synkronos)
Chuck Van Zyl        September Cemetary   MemorySpace (Synkronos)
VA [Tom Habes]       Time Zone            Sequences No. 12
VA [Van Zyl, Gulch]  Sector Zero Zero One Sequences No. 12
VA [Mooch]           p Hydrii             Sequences No. 12
Modulator ESP        EMS VCS3 Experiment  EMS VCS3 Experiment 1 (none)
                        1 *

Phase II/Eclectic:

ARTIST               TRACK                ALBUM (label)
==================== ==================== ==============================
Deuter               Laughing Winters     Mystery of Live (New Earth)
Darshan Ambient      A Day Within Days    A Day Within a Day (Lotuspike)
Claudio Merlini      The Harmony of       The Colours of Music (A.D.
                        Colour               Music)
Little Wolf          The Gathering        Prayer To the Mystery, The
                                             Gathering 2 (New Earth)

Phase III/Progressive Rock:

ARTIST               TRACK                ALBUM (label)
==================== ==================== ==============================
VA [Pinnacle]        Paikalliset Tuulet   Tuonen Tytar II (Musea)
VA [Onsegen          Escape from the      Tuonen Tytar II (Musea)
   Ensemble]            Storm
VA [Karmic           Down To Earth        Tuonen Tytar II (Musea)
   Jaggernaut]
Chris G              Tomorrow Never Knows Time Signatures (none)
Matthew Anderson     Retribution          Merciless Ocean (Mrsvee)

  * = excerpt
++ = Advanced CDR from artist
VA = Various Artists (compilation)

On the next show, I will continue the special on the sampler CDRs that
come with each issue of Sequences electronic music magazine.

Bill
Host of Thought Radio, the Saturday edition of The AM/FM Show every
other Saturday at 6:00 am EST/GMT-5.
Phase 1: Electronic, ambient, and space music.
Phase 2: Mixed bag of acoustic, electric, pop, or New Age.
Phase 3: Progressive rock from past masters to contemporary releases.
Website - http://soundscapes.us/thoughtradio
Listen to WMUH Allentown locally at 91.7 FM or on-line.