Re: Fripper Gear Trivia

I'm a big fan of Eventide products, and I own a bunch of them.

That said, there are other companies who are rapidly catching up to
Eventide in terms of quality, including harmonizing. The Digitech IPS
33-B was more or less a poor man's Eventide for years, but nowadays
even a company like Line 6 has cut the gap considerably. I think the
pitch shifting stuff on the HD500 is quite good, for example. And
Fractal Audio's Axe-Fx meets or exceeds the quality of Eventide
effects across the board--and, of course, you also get a ton of amp
and cab models.

My .02

Jeff