Re: Fripper Gear Trivia

       Somehow during the great server meltdown my post about Fripp
got lost though it seems some of you caught it. I'm kind of glad as it
was a pretty sarcastic rip on Mr Fripp.
  In spite of the well articulated defenses of Bobby F's mountain o'
gear from Andy , Dennis and others. I still feel like it is overkill.
Would his music be any less compelling if he didn't have all of that
gear?  I really don't think so. It has been my personal experience
that when I have  let go of a piece of gear either by necessity or
choice, I've always found ways to re-invent the sound I lost with a
new strategy, and more often that not it has liberated me from the
security blanket  all that gear represents. I must confess, I was a
huge King Krimson fan , since I first heard the Red album,  and I also
love Fripps collaborations with Eno, Bowie, and others, but the whole
league of crafty guitarists, the new standard tuning and his ultra
dogmatic intellectual/ mathematical  approach to music seems a bit
emotionally cold to me and thus leaves me cold.  I think what
triggered me about this discussion of his gear, has more to do with my
personal view that  our cultural has gottened so materialistic and
corrupted by greed. I realized that Bob's mountain of gear is a
relative mole hill compared to the greed and excess perpetrated by the
CEO's of the world, so I'll stop bashing him. Afterall its not like he
just bought a new Rolls, after outsourcing his companies jobs to China.
Bill