RE: WHAT SORTS OF FIREWIRE INTEFACES ARE PEOPLE USING THESE DAYS?

That's interesting.
I'll check this out Andy. I've read that the H2 isn't that hot fidelity-wise. I need the 4 channel option for forthcoming surround recording.
What's wrong with the H4 as a soundcard Per? Is it latency? and can you be more specific about your difficulties with the 4 track option.
I just need to capture 4 tracks for later editing but though others might find it useful.

Peace