Re: auto volume swell plug in

this looks promising though I won't be able to get to it till later today;

On Dec 18, 2010, at 3:24 AM, Per Boysen wrote:

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 4:29 AM, Paul Mimlitsch <pmimlitsch@mac.com> wrote:
Does any body know of an auto volume swell (slow gear) type au/ vst plug in?

I'd like that too! For now I use two workarounds; one is using
Amplitube 3 that has a swell pedal plugin that is great. But I think
some guitars and stick sounds better without the amp simulation and
then I use the Enveloper plugin that is part of Logic/Mainstage. But
the Enveloper isn't designed for such long fade in sweeps so it
doesn't sound as good as the dedicated AT3 plugin. BTW, the AT swell
pedal plugin can be set to sync to host tempo (I use 8th note duration
mostly). I find that useful but not optimally useful. Better would be
the length of the fade in sweep would go faster with louder input
level. Then you could simply attack a string harder for a faster fade
and be able to play more interesting lines.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com