Re: (OT) REJECTING MASS MEDIA CULTURE (Was Re: Epic Octatrack Performance Sampler Teaser....

hey Ted,

you are right, I want to learn to say no to my greedy needs and find some balance in my life.

Antony

From: Doc Rossi <docittern@gmail.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Mon, December 20, 2010 5:31:35 PM
Subject: Re: (OT) REJECTING MASS MEDIA CULTURE (Was Re: Epic Octatrack Performance Sampler Teaser....

What I find interesting, and also sad, is that the 60s was all about subjectivity, that is, being an individual by turning one's back on the regimented way of life that dominated suburban America and elsewhere. "The Prisoner" was dead on target. However, this was a respectful individualism, an open attitude that quickly got co-opted into selfishness and the whole I me mine trip Ted is talking about.  Think of The Beat Generation, which was a bunch of individuals who did not necessarily think of themselves as a group - the grouping was a media invention that actually served to condemn them en masse.  The idea of being an individual has been similarly co-opted.

Doc