Re: (OT) REJECTING MASS MEDIA CULTURE (Was Re: Epic Octatrack Performance Sampler Teaser....

so why do we sit passively and watch all this happen, it is our world too...

Antony

From: RP Collier <skeptikalist@gmail.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Tue, December 21, 2010 1:10:54 AM
Subject: Re: (OT) REJECTING MASS MEDIA CULTURE (Was Re: Epic Octatrack Performance Sampler Teaser....

On Dec 20, 2010, at 1:09 PM, Paul Richards wrote:

> For a while, just a short while, a lot of things changed and it was a really cool scene from many different perspectives.

And then the plutocrats, oligarchs, theocrats and authoritarian right wingers flipped out -- they ramped up think tanks and consolidated media to push legislative and judicial agendas, and effectively used conservative talk radio to spread propaganda and disinformation -- techniques developed in advertising and psy-ops to manipulate, control, repress and suppress.

What you see now is the result of a very successful campaign to rewrite history and skew its trajectory.
Reagan came into office and America's head went up its ass.
Forget about the environment, social justice and all the hippy pervert commie stuff.
Greed is good, and be sure to embrace denial so that pesky facts don't intrude on your dreams of power, domination and conservative orthodoxy (morals and values).
Apparently, the oil baron Koch brothers spent almost $900 million dollars just in 2009 to distort and muddy the messaging around the debate about climate change issues.
Even basic things like the theory of evolution are smothered in caustic claptrap and bullshit.

I would put the underlying message and impulse of the Sixties simply as -- Live Gently.
Stop the raping and pillaging of the planet.
Live as a symbiont, instead of a host destroying parasite.
Become more aware of the interconnectedness of living systems and work to reduce the suffering caused by our ignorant, overwhelming, and short-sighted predation against the planet.

Nothing magical, just basic common sense -- you'd think, unless that ability to think is impaired by sociopathic ideological toxic memes and lousy education.

Pro-bonobo, peace groovy love etc. etc.

cheers

BobC