Re: (OT) REJECTING MASS MEDIA CULTURE

I once managed to live outside of the residency rules for a few months. I went on tour for 8 months and the day I left I handed in the key to my apartment. My stuff was in storage and I changed my mail to my parents.

When I got back I tried to stay like that for a bit, and lived with a girl-friend. It felt very nice. Officially I suppose I was registered at my parents but I was living off cash for the most part and managed to avoid signing anything.

In the end I dived back in by buying an apartment, again.. in cash... but there was no getting around signing a few things, and the paper trail has followed me ever since.

When I emigrated, I had a small.. er.. 1000 pounds bill with mastercard.. tried to run away from it Im afraid... covering my tracks as a ran...  It took 6 years, but one day I got a phone call from a collection agency in Scotland... Mr Francombe.. I said yes... He said.. I have you down on my... heh heh Search and Destroy list..."

busted...

Mark