Re: Looperlative

William Walker wrote:
>> "1.37 is (I think) what Bill uses, it's too flaky for *some* of what
>> I've tried to do with it."
>
>  1.37  has been stable for me. When Bob gets the time he will debug 1.38
> but he has his hands full right now with other matters. Andy i'm not
> sure what you are doing to cause it to be flaky ,

Trying to work out some "cool rhythmic triggering" moves
for your bro :-)

>  Unfortunately there has yet to be
> established a list of multiple command sequences that do and don't work.

Roughly it's like this;
Essentially the audio part of the software takes up a fixed
amount of time for each chunk of samples.
Then there's only so much time left over to process commands,
...and those commands need to be processed fast so that the audio
part works right.
So try and do too much at one time and the processor can't keep up.

Now in "normal use" with v1.37 that just doesn't happen.

Bob says there's plenty of scope for optimising the
software of v1.38, but it's a big job so we're in for a wait
before any new features can be added.

> So in essence,  if you decide to try a command sequence and by that I
> mean any  set of multiple commands sent from a single press of a switch
> you may achieve the results you want and you may not. For example, don't
> try doubling up a record command and a reverse command, it won't work.

I have
HalfSpeed>Reverse>RecDub
set up here, that works great.
I have loops going, then press that button on a fresh track,
play a bit of a solo then press that same button again so
it comes back reverse and double speed.