Re: EDP videos?

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, nick@12testing.net wrote:
> I'm the proud owner of an EDP with loop IV. I'm wading through the
> manual, but am slightly surprised to find no tutorial videos out
> there. Has anyone made any? I'm learning through trial and (many)
> errors and it's frustrating to hear audio files demonstrating
> features I can't figure out...

Dear Nick,

Remember something:   It took you a long time to figure out your way around
a guitar.     The EDP is a complex instrument and it will take time to
learn
it.   I'm with Mark Francombe...........take your time.......learn a
couple of new techniques
and get really creative with them.  Then move on to some new ones.

God forbid:   pay for a lesson with an expert the way anyone would pay
for a lesson
with a guitarist or any other instrument.   There are amazing masters of
the EDP on this list
(Andre LaFosse, Andy Butler, Matthias Grob, et. al.)

My brother and I have often remarked about this phenomenae:
People will pay your for years of your expertise on an instrument to
help accelerate their
growth but very, very few people will ever pay for an equivalent
expertise on
tech gear, even though it took just as many hundreds of hours to master
said techniques
as it did to master equivalent techniques on your instrument of choice.

I'm astonished by the number of hours my brother Bill, as an example,
has put into learning the Looperlative, the Electrix Repeater, the Line
6 DL-3, M-9 and M-13.    Very few people ever ask him for paid tutorials
in those
instruments and yet, if they did,  they would shave off dozens and
dozens of hours in their
own learning curve.

Yet, eople continually take our time asking for free advice about live
looping.  Not a week goes by that
someone doesn't approach me for advice on some aspect or other of live
looping and I have a tenth of the
knowledge that my brother has about it.

You'd be surprised how many secrets can be unlocked in a short amount of
time if you
actually take a formal lesson with someone who has mastered this
instrument and
honor them buy paying for their time.

Good luck with the EDP.  It's such a powerful instrument!
You are a very powerful artist in your own right.   You will do amazing
things with
it I predict.

yours,   Rick