Re: The EDP and the Looperlative and me

Hey there Mark,

It's totally okay if you like the EDP.

A carpenter will like one hammer over another for some obscure, essoteric, personal reason (often very far outside the knowledge of other users) or for reasons that it simpley works, lasts a long time, is cheap, or is the kind they've always used (and why mess with a good thing); or again, simply because their father used one just like it . . . or even more weirdly, it may not even work as well but they are "in love" with the way it looks (bigger, chrome-plated, more "manly," etc., LOL).

I have seen people get in fist fights over such silly, silly, silly choices - one party simply cannot accept that the other party has chozen differently, perhaps saying to themselves (or their other colleagues when the other party is not around): "If only they would spend time getting to know the one **I AM USING** they couldn't help but see what a dimwit they're being and that **I AM RIGHT** and their full of crap - they should kiss my feet for being given the benefit of my vast expetise."

These sorts of conflicts happen in every walk of life and over every sort of possible subject matter - whenever a personal human choice and opinion are involved there will be conflict . . . because we are all different.

It's the main reason that we will never acheive the sort of "utopia" we all secretly (or otherwise) long for - every man, woman, child and dog of us can sometimes be d**kheads about our opinions.

It's the main reason lots of us don't "get along" with oneanother.

I am not saying that anyone in this present discussion has shown any "d**kheadedness" really (so far).

But I sort of understand the unspoken underlying message of your original post - that you have, at some point, experienced that d**kheadedness somewhere along the way concerning your choice of the EDP - and are asking why?

Here's my answer: Human nature.

Here's hoping you and yours have a happy 2011.

Ted