Re: The EDP and the Looperlative

On Jan 1, 2011, at 11:24 PM, Dustbunnies wrote:

>> That's cool, but the EDP is loaded with
>> SUS-style and other long-press based behaviors and works with a range of
>> controllers.
>
> Eh?  Waitasec, now I'm a bit confused.  You can do the EDP "long press"
> functions with a standard MIDI pedal?  How the devil are they
>implementing
> that?!?

It needs a pedal that will send note on and note off or that will send
controller to max and controller to min. So, it won't work with
controllers that only send program changes, but if the controller will
send note information or send pedals as non-latching continuous
controllers, the EDP is built to recognize the pedal release.

Mark