Re: Mobius loop windowing simulation

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 6:20 PM, Jeff Larson <jeff.larson@sailpoint.com> wrote:
That would be easier.  Set a start point, wait for 1/2 second or whatever,
then jump backward, wait another 1/2 second, jump back, etc.

Yes... but I wouldnt want it to be based on seconds, rather ones 8th per cycle setting...
Thunking aloud here, but maybe it could be a 2 stage command. Window Start, and window.. er.. close.. so that would have to be Window OPEN I guess ha ha...

So window open, would start looping ONLY the sub-cycle you were currently in, WITHOUT erasing what came before or after. (Probably sound the same as a trim start/end) but then a SLIP command, would take you to the next, but previously hidden, section of the loop, or the previous section of the loop, depending on the slip command.

Window Close, would stop the sub cycle looping and the loop would continue to play next time it hit the sub cycle boundary?

This way I think you have most flexibility, you can have as big or as little a window as you like by setting the 8th setting, then you can use any type of manipulation to bring parts of the loop into the window, and then when you want to come out you can just let go, and "close the fucking window!"

Just brainstormin...

(alot more fun than brainstorming a script for a corporate values film for Atmel in San Jose ... yawn..)

Mark

--
mark francombe
www.markfrancombe.com