Re: Computer good enough for Live Looping?

AFAIK, the i3 is quite a lot better at handling share ram for system and
graphics than earlier processors.  A friend of mine is using them a lot
for various purposes, like media centers.
However, if also used for dedicated video editing, I'd think an i3 may
not provice the juice.
The i5/i7 series is likely a different ballgame for such applications.

Not knowiing the current selling price nor if this will be enough, if
budget is a Bit tight, maybe a used Lenovo R500.
This is a scaled-down business model, with separate ATI 1000-series
graphics for the external monitor likely used for graphics anyways
(build-in display is only 1280x800 on most of those models).

I upgraded mine with a T9400 cpu, a 2x 2.53Ghz core due, 6MB cache, 35W
part, runs pretty cool, especially as the heatsink is fairly large and
routed to both sides of a corner.
It takes 8GB DDR3 1066Mhz ram.  Has firewire.

/m

--
rgds,
van Sinn