Re: Re: Piano lessons advice (O.T.)

I yield to the maestro with great respect!

I always disclaim with my relative level of ignorance, by the way.
Musings are sometimes efficacious, however, and I started out
really, as a drummer, which is why I'll venture out
with an opinion.  You never can tell when it will be helpful.

Nice points, Rainer!     The huge one I missed is the octave organization
which is vastly clearer on the piano than the guitar.

Honestly,  I prefer looking at harmony on a piano rather than a guitar,
though I did learn a little bit about the former first.   It is because
of this
octave orientation and the spacial orientation of chords.

Also,  I should have qualified my statement about the white keys as a point
of departure.  What I meant was that I learned how to spell chords and
play various and sundry scales (most of them ethnic originally when they
actually fit onto a chromatic western instrument) using C as a beginning
point.      Of course,  one needs to know more than 7 notes to play even a
lot of pop music, so sorry for the seeming naivity of that point.  Sorry
I wrote that so quickly without a proof read.   Thanks for catching it.

Now,  how is your guitar playing coming along?     It's a blast, isn't it?
I won't be a Gismonti in this lifetime, I'm afraid, but there is music in
that thing, isn't there?

rick walker