Re: Audio example clip (Re: Simeon's CopyPan script for Mobius)

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
"Bloom effect"? Is that referring to the generative music application
Bloom by Brian Eno and Peter Chivers? This time it is more difficult
than usual to understand what your saying ;-))

Oh come on Per! Use you imagination!
OK.. Certainly NOT refering to the Eno App (Why does everything have to start with him???) Bloom is an English verb (verb verb not reverb) that means a kind of soft and beautiful growth, as in flowers blooming. It is a visual effect, generally taken to mean a hazey blur around an object .

Your sound started with a note, but very subtly became a frozen, reverby haze ... and was almost certainly...

1) On the bass fretboard output the Echoboy (soundtoys.com) tape deley
sim plugin set to a reverb sound is manipulated with an expression
pedal to bring up the feedback to max. Gives an effect similar to
"freeze reverb" but slowly moving rather than "hard-frozen".

Wonderful music as always coming from Sweden!

Per

--
mark francombe
www.markfrancombe.com