Re: Daniel Berkman, Looping Gravikordist (was Re: should musicianshave a second job?)

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, tEd ® kiLLiAn wrote:
> I attended Y2KX this past October and saw your presentation at the
> little Namaste teahouse one evening and was absolutely compelled to by
> the CD afterwards.
Yes,  a powerful second to that sentiment, Ted.   Daniel's CD is one of
the most interesting and
sophisticated live looping CDs I've ever heard.    Not only is his
playing (and way of thinking about playing)
the Gravichord very fascinating (using technology like whammy pitch
pedals to bring the instrument
into the pedal guitar steel paradigm) but the drum computer programming
and the very, very sophisticated
aesthetic in the programming of the backing abstract electronica tracks
is really compelling.
I kept having 'aha' moments listening to it for the first time.

This CD is beautiful, melodically and glitchy and edgy in the best of
cutting edge electronic ways.

I've listened to it over and over since I got it and that's the proof in
the pudding as they say.

rick walker