Re: Roland GR-55 guitar synth (Re: klobucharian idyll)

On 1/16/11 7:26 AM, "tEd ® KiLLiAn" <tedkillian@charter.net> wrote:

> Has anyone considered how cool it is to have the equivalent of 2 synth
> engines, a VG hex COSM engine, and complete processing for regular
> magnetic pickups all in one box?

As you can well imagine: yes... yes I have.  ;)

> If they don't short to user on other features or editability it could
> be an answered prayer for guys like me (who want to have it all).

I'm particularly curious to see how they handle some of the GR "pedal"
modes, when applied to the COSM engine.  For instance, I've used the
sustain
pedal on my GR-20 to realistically fake a Moog Guitar.  It's just easier to
punt and use the synth engine for that one.  But what if you could do the
same on the COSM models?  Hrm, could be interesting.

And what about the COSM Poly-Effects?  Over on the VG list, we'd submitted
some ideas for some new ones -- like Poly-Ringmod and Poly-Defretter --
that
would be useful, because they were making noises about a software update
for
the VG-99.  Roland took some of these suggestions and instead integrated
them into the VB-99 (ack, jerks!).  I wonder if any of those made it over
into this model.

Also, MAP for the GR-55 is set to only $699 ($799 w/ GK)!!!  Wow!  I'm
completely broke until I get a new job.  But this one's probably going on
the Christmas list for next year.

        --m.