Re: Re: LP2 at namm

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Andy Owens wrote:
> The two buttons on the right are labeled effects one and two. When a
>loop is playing, they are ready to trigger the manipulation. If a loop is
>not playing you hold down record and the effects light up and if you
>press one the one scrolls, two two scrolls. Purty cool.
Almost correct, Andy (and thanks for responding to this post,  I just
slept in for the first time
in a week and didn't read any of these queries until right now to respond:

There are two ways to change what effects are attached to the two
effects buttons (1 and 2).

1)   there is a switch on the back that you can use with your hand
before you start to record.
This lights up all the LEDs and then you scroll through to whichever
effect you want Effect One
to control and then scroll through to whichever effect you want Effect
Two to be
and then you hit the Record button to set your choices.

It's a move you have to get the hang up but it's very rapid once I did.

2)  When a loop is already playing (and NOT in stop mode as Andy wrote)
you can hold down
the RECORD button and it will access all of the EFFECTS and you chose as
in the previous example,
hit RECORD one more time and the effect is set.

rick walker

PS   by the way,  it was really a treat to see you, Andy and your very
talented son (who was just ripping up
on his mandolin in a little brief impromptu jam we had at the booth).

I love NAMM because you get to finally see people who you feel
affectionate towards but have only
had an online relationship with previously.     I got to see three
people this year for the first time
and it was really wonderful.

This list is also wonderful for those kinds of experiences.   We're
lucky to have each other here!