Re: NAMM News: iZotope Stutter Edit - anyone seen this?

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 7:02 PM, Rainer Straschill
<moinsound@googlemail.com> wrote:
> via gearjunkies.com:
> http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/stutteredit/
>
> Another thingie for intuitively mashing up audio input with the
>electronic
> dance folks in mind.

Yep, one of the hot products of this NAMM. Wasn't StutterEdit up on
this list two days ago? Anyway, I'm very curious about the arpeggio
stutter algorithm! I remember reading an interview with BT, must have
been at least a decade ago, and already back then he was doing stutter
stuff as his "producer trademark". But in the nineties he did it
"manually" with ReCycle; slicing up audio files and treating each
ultra short slice with different EQ and compression. So if anyone
should be the Grand Old Man of Stuttering it has to be BT. ;-))  This
is his experience with all that manual ReCycle tweking that finally
has been put together in a real-time solution that works on streaming
audio! How awesome! As soon as I get enough free time at hand I will
download the 10 days demo to check it out. Could be fun to slap this
plugin on a looper output channel.

Per