Re: Trimming Down: Mixer options?

Mark Hamburg wrote:
> Okay. So maybe my rack doesn't go away. But it could get smaller and
>maybe the mixer (Mackie 1642 or 1202 depending on the circumstance) goes
>away.
>
> Any suggestions on what I could use that would let me:
>
> * Mix a small number of stereo line level inputs
> * Have one aux send (preferably stereo, but I can live with mono)
> * Have an insert across main or provide me with a way to control the
>volume being fed to my active monitors

For your rack...
The Alesis Multimix 8 Line has 8 stereo line ins,
and a stereo fx send (and return).

Just had a look at the schematic and it would
be possible mod it to have an insert on the main bus
without adding any extra components.

Quality is ok for live work.
Seems well built.
Since having it my rig I have more of a problem
with mains hum(compared to Behringer Ultralink)...but possible to sort
that.

andy butler