Re: Rick's percussion post

Great discussion!

Personally, I used to layer beatboxing ryhthm with various effects.
Now, I prefer doing it the "lazy way" just looping the Korg Wavedrum.
I was kind of bored with trying to mimick a drum with vocals - when I
could just do the real thing (or close to it with the Wavedrum).

Another thing is that I find it's important - for the audience interaction
- is to focus more on the immediate performance rather than on
artistically composing multiple layers.
The looping layer's form the mood of the performance. But it's really the
immediate performance where the whole attention is.

Then, lately, I prefer to keep looping minimal (whatever is absolutely
necessary) to give the music more room to breath, making it sound more
natural.
Also, occasionally stopping the looper and just performing "free time" in
between helps.

best regards
Buzap