Re: Rick's percussion post

I'm with Gareth here. Dont mind if someone builds his looping song for 30 minutes, if the shit is good! :-)

2011/2/1 Gareth Whittock <buddhamachine@live.co.uk>
I see this as performance vs pure music. I like to see someone pushing the boundaries of possibility in performance but it's not enough in itself.
It's only valid for me if the musical results are there.
The goal must always be the quality of music, however it is achieved, pre recorded, live, DJ's, singers et al.
It's supposed to be all about the music isn't it ?
If a drum loop sounds groovier than an attempt at making a guitar sound like drums, use the loop I say! (and vice versa).

Open all doors - and close none!!

Peace

Gareth

--