Re: inexpensive synth

nemoguitt@aol.com schrieb:
> Click here to learn more: - VIDEO - http://bit.ly/if2tAl
>
> and here: - Product Page - http://bit.ly/hGz2Yq
>
> this is the M-AUDIO VENOM.....sounds interesting, is small, and $499.00,
> if i didn't spend all my money on donuts, i would get one

And what does make this synth special in any way? Or asked differently:
with "sounds interesting", do you mean you listened to and played with
it, or you think the specs look cool?

In that price range, I'd say - get something used:

    * for a very characteristic and flexible VA sound engine (which does
      everything the Venom does and much more), get a Waldorf Micro Q
    * for true analog, get an Oberheim Matrix-1000
    * for a VA kinda-workstation with a not exactly nice, but very
      characteristic (think 80s elektro) sound, get a Quasimidi Sirius
    * for maximum flexibility, a Clavia Nord MicroModular,
    * if you need the 12-voice polyphony, Access Virus
    * for a great soloist's synth with excellent flexibility and
      playability: Korg Prophecy
    * ...and the list goes on.

Or did I miss something with the Venom that it can do which no other
synth can't?

             Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de