Eventide. Was: NOrd

>i owned a dsp7k many years ago and all we had was the yahoo mailing list.  italo was the go-to guy and he was always incredibly helpful.  dunno what happened but now i can barely get a response from anybody.

Yeah, Italo is great.  :)  I still have contact with him occasionally.  He has been posting on Gearslutz since I outed that he didn't work for Eventide any more:  http://www.gearslutz.com/board/search.php?do=finduser&u=154461

Meanwhile, I think the Harmonizer(tm) team has shrunk quite a bit (Nick may be the only one left), so I'm not surprised that response is slow.  I think the new Factor pedals are good, if only for the idea that they are more easily understood by users and more easily supported by Eventide staff.  For me though, well, the Harmonizer has no equal and I'd love to see them take "The Next Step(tm)"...

>huh?  remote software for eventide?  tell me more.

A while back, I took over maintenance of vSigX, the OS X algorithm editor for the Harmonizer.  Of course, then life hit and the last two years has been...interesting.  I won't bore everyone publicly with the details.  Anyway, several things inspired me to change directions, and I got back to work on my remote control software.  The first version is a standalone program that basically just lets you push buttons and get screen dumps from the Harmonizer.  I have plans to include a macro language, so that you can do things like send or retrieve all patches, reorder and rename things, etc.  After fielding several questions about routing and clocking, I realized that I wanted to expand my program so that it can understand how the entire unit is set up.  That is, for example, on an H8000FW, if you have the routing set up for only the first two inputs, but your effects patch is designed for four inputs, you're going to end up with something other than what you originally expected.  So, the plan is to finish up a program that can perform remote control button presses, then include routing, and after that, include algorithm editing from the existing vSigX.  I'm also planning to include Eclipse patch editing as well.  (It's nothing like Harmonizer algorithm editing though.)

I was hoping to get more work done on the Harmonizer software before I ship the MB-808 kits, but it looks like the parts are finally on the way, so I'm going to put off programming a bit to get the kits all bundled up and finally out of my house!

Regards,
Doug