Re: SoftStep vs 1010 vs Gordius little Giant vs Mecha Godzilla

I came very close to pulling the trigger on a Softstep on Friday,
which was the last day of a special NAMM offer they were having for
people who entered their giveaway contest at NAMM.  I think I was
partly inspired by the comments posted complaining of click noise on
my last youtube post, and because I'm wanting to do more loop
recording at home with open mics. so far using an old roland gfc 50
pedal as a slighly quieter bank of preset switches is helping, but the
lack of click noise and the incredibly deep architecture of the soft
step really is pretty astounding.  At first I was put off by a few
things like one measly expression pedal port, untill I realized you
can assign its switches to behave like a continuous controller pedal.
But having said that, the Gordius is amazing, really well built and
very powerfull. I wish there was a way to minimize the noise that was
easy and cost effective. because the Gordius can trigger with the
lightest of touch, I wish there was some kind of simple rubber cap
that could be glued to the switches that kept them from traveling far
enough to create an audible click. Then there was Andy B's idea of
insultaing the chassis with foam inside, haven't tried that one yet.
Bill