Re: SoftStep vs 1010

Just one note on the Behringer FCB1010 that I forgot to tell in my
random MIDI CC# data that you have not programmed it to send out.
Since this happens now and then by random the only way to protect
yourself from sudden disasters is to lead its MIDI output through a
MIDI filter that will only let through those MIDI events that you have
programmed your instruments to react on. And even then you are not
safe because it might happen that a random MIDI leak happens to match
one of the events you have programmed for the execution of a certain
command and... well, go figure. This was a HUGE problem for me on my
old hardware rig Electixpro Repeater/Echoplex EDP/Akai Filterbank
because those hardware boxes didn't allow you to set up filtering.
When using Bidule on the laptop hosting the Mobius looper I stayed
free from this evil bug for a couple of years but then I wanted to use
Apple Mainstage and all hell broke lose again, since Mainstage keeps
some mixer functions "hard wired" to the classic MIDI mapping system
General MIDI put forth by Roland in the eighties (CC#7 for volume,
CC#10 for pan etc). So if a random leaked MIDI event happens to math
one of these GM events your gig may be fried right there. Bottom line
here is that the Gordius Little Giant 2 does NOT send out anything
except what I have programmed it to send out and this makes it perfect
for me to use with Mainstage in the laptop.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com