RE: OT: on-line sales scam

This has happened to me plenty. It is a scam. Don't even answer it. No politeness necessary. ~David

Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 16:31:05 +0100
Subject: OT: on-line sales scam
From: docittern@gmail.com
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com

I've got a vintage Fender amp listed for sale on-line and I've run into what I think might be a scam.

Three potential buyers have contacted me about it, each wanting to send me either Traveler's checks or a bank check for twice the asking price. They then want me to send the remainder of the money, minus charges, to their shipping agent, who will then come and pick up the amp.

Has anyone run into this before? It sounds a little weird to me.

Doc Rossi