Re: What is the absolutely smallest drum-machine EVER!

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 12:19 PM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:
> The EDP keeps track of where you are in the beat.
> The Gordius can't know when to Quantise.

Well probably quantise is the wrong word, effectively the same though.
Just to be clear what I mean...
Im imagining THIS scenario.

Two hits of  a gordius pedal set to RECORD defines the tempo of
course, midi clock is sent out of EDP (via a merge probably) BACK to
the Gordius.
A switch on Gordius can be pressed,at ANY time, and.. because gordius
is listening to midi clock IN.. WAITS before for a division of the
beat. Lets say an 8th beat.. (this gap might be anything smaller than
an 8th.) It sends out an UNDO command.. then waits for the same
division (8th) and then fires off another UNDO, waits an 8th... UNDO
etc etc as long as I keep my foot down.. I release.. its stops...
OR.. A more complex sequence or MULTS INSERTS SPEED CHANGES, REVERSES,
in a loop, all divided by a preset division.

This is what I do NOW using a drum machine, hence the thread title..
Im looking for an alternate way to achive the same thing, it would
have to be a small drum-machine (at least smaller than my Boss DR 202)
as my new band entails that I put a bit of extra gear in my rack (a
vocoder/synth... yeah!) and so a couple of things have to be pulled
out.

If I can achive this all with foot-pedal, it will be a very sunny day!

Talking of weather, heres some chit chat!

I just got back from a skiing trip in the mountains, we stayed
over-night in a Cabin (we have a special key that opens all the cabins
in Norway, for safety reasons, in case you are stranded) at night it
dropped to MINUS 28 DEGREES C!!!! Now that as cold as I ever want to
be again!!! I was setting the iphone to ring every hour, so I could
get up and put more logs on the fire.. twice I woke to find the fire
totally out!!! If the phone had run out of batteries... well ... I
dont want to think about it...

anyway Im home.. and feeling pretty adventurous!... It was a wonderful
expreince, and in the evening Hilde sang a strange Norwegian song for
the kids... I videoed it.. it was very strange and haunting! Im gonna
make a track out of it.. glitch it up a bit... with her permission Ill
post later...

Mark

--
mark francombe