RE: Why does mainstream seem more like , downstream these days?

I think you've put your finger on it here Mark. Apparently there is "good" in all forms of music, (though I just can't see it with "country" myself ;-)
When I go to check out some music, I just want quality. I like to think I'm broad minded enough to appreciate most genres, (but not country).
It's all about quiality isnt it? Good music for me is about vision and originality, passion and intelligence  - but NOT COUNTRY!

Peace

Gareth