Re: Why does mainstream seem more like , downstream these days?

Just because the new things are based or have some references to the
old things, doesnt make them NOT NEW...  The Beatles were not new...
they were just trying to sound like ... oh I dunno... Chuck Berry,
Buddy Holly, but they did it better and included references to OTHER
types of music, like Indian and English Seaside Fun fair music, and
Folk.

I posted this before... but I am loving "Shining" in Norway right now,
its a supergroup made up of old Black Metal dudes (now they have
stopped burning churches and killing each other) and young Jazz dudes.
Its not NEW... could be alot of older things and is basically just
metal (which I usually hate) but its "genre hopping" is what makes it
acceptable to another audience.

Noise (ala´Merzbow  etc) is not NEW... I have been following Massima
since the 80´s, but the ultra distorted sounds that he created in his
uncompromising way have found their way into mainstream Hip Hop
(Dalek, Danger Doom) and pop (Mia).

Personally Im into listening to extremely glitchy electronic music
right now.. heres my latest.

Ametsub - The Nothings of the North
Antansex  - Quanta
Craig Vear - Crevasse Blue
Ghost - In Stormy Nights
Kabutogani - BETOP
Khalija - Khalija  EP
Manathol - BAKETO
Panda Bear - Person Pitch

Not all are brand spanking new, all are since 2005 I think.. and most
are rather glitchy, which is a bit old I guess, but how fast do things
have to change to make you happy?

--
mark francombe
www.markfrancombe.com