Re: Total Improv

> On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Andy Owens wrote:
>>
>> Hey ya'll, (that's the co-ed pc way of saying "youse guys" for you
>> Yankees)
>>
>> What are some current or past bands or loopers that do complete, 100%
>> improv? I mean like off the top of your head vocals and all?

No, just instrumental in my case. To me the point in playing "100%
improvised" is to make music you find exiting and share the experience
live. Take risks and ride on the energy wave. It is an act of joy.
Three dimensional dancing with sound. "A prayer" for those who believe
in higher lifeforms.

But I'm bringing "canned stuff" to the duo gig with Erdem at PRESENCES
électronique 2011. That festival provides an eight channel surround
system and we think it would be fun to prepare some meticulously
designed sounds from the album since the album was the reason they
booked us to play there. The experiment is to see what spatial
experiences one might be able to put on. We're also re-routing our
live rigs for octaphonics and improvise over the canned stuff.

It's funny that this scenario, improvisation along pre prepared tape,
was were I began in -83. Until now I haven't looked back; only done
total improvised music besides playing regular pop/techno/jazz. So
Paris will be a sort of revival for me ;-)) A lot mor fun today with
the digital technique!

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se