Re: ADK Pro Audio PC VS MacBook Pro

Hi Rafa,

Get both! The trick is to buy a Mac and run Windows as well on it. I
did that for a long time on my Macbook. To do this, avoid all Windows
emulators that "run Windows inside OS X", as they suck for audio music
application. You should use Apple's utility called Bootcamp to format
a bootable system partition in which you may install Windows. I mean,
"Mac" is just a an operating system but the PC's from Apple tend to be
well built and thus turn out cheaper in the long run, since you will
suffer less work downtime and repair costs.

I still gig around on my old Macbook from 2007... but I guess it can't
compete with the Sandybridge boxes. It would be great to have the CPU
powers to run synths as Alchemy in parallel with good old audio live
looping. Maybe we'll get there on these new machines.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com