Re: ADK Pro Audio PC VS MacBook Pro

Hehe, yeah, Todd...the only brand-spanking new Macs in our house have
been for The Muse and she's not a power user, so it was never an
issue. I've tended, like Per, to buy trailing edge Macs (my G5 was a
2-year-old-at-the-time "October Surprise", so I already knew what the
"gotchas" were...it's now well on it's way to 6 years old and still
running strong...aside from being a Power PC!). The two Dell MINI
netbooks I did buy new, but specifically with the idea of making them
Hackintoshes.

As has begun to be mentioned, the useful life-cycle of the Macs, from
a "professional" point of view (thanks, Per, for  phrasing it that
way!) really makes them worth the extra up-front costs whether you run
OS X on them or use BootCamp to make them screaming Windows machines
(I'm rather enjoying using Win 7 on our monster iMac!).

Best,

Dennis

PS...if you can afford it, buy AppleCare w/ the new machine!

http://soundcloud.com/usrsbin
http://audiozoloft.com
http://usrslashsbin.angrek.com/