Re: (OT) More on Radiohead

I think John Cage would argue any music that "experiments" is experimental. So really, only the creator of a piece can say whether or not it is or isn't experimental. Putting my ramblings aside  for the moment however lol I think Radiohead is far more inventive, original and sonically driven in terms of songwriting, and album creation than most bands out there, especially most bands that play on the level that they play. Are they 'Can' or John Zorn? No... but OK Computer is still, in my opinion, one of the most revolutionary albums of my lifetime (I'm 28) in terms of production, and songwriting. Likewise Kid A might've been one of the most musically interesting statements a band could make, being as big as they were then. I think that takes serious courage and guts. I admire that, and I don't think a lot of bands that get to the level they got to, have done what they did, and continue to do for their fans, and in the name of music. Just my 2 cents on Radiohead. So Experimental, maybe not but who are we to judge? Experimental-y, safe to say "yes"!
Rafael